Monday, June 27, 2016

Transfer Announcement!!!!!

Hello friends and family!!!! Well I have some exciting news! We got transfer calls this morning and turns out that I'm staying here in the city and sister Nash will be coming here with me while sister Provard will be joining sister Deuel out on Long Island. I'll miss sister Provard so much and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve
with her again. Who knows maybe we will serve together as companions again in the future. :)


This week was pretty boring. Lots of cancelled appointments and finding. It was really funny because I used to be so scared of talking to people and on Saturday I was walking up to everybody and just handing out cards out the wazoo! As we put ourselves out there and tell ourselves "we fear no man" Heavenly Father will give us the courage to overcome our fears. That's what I learned this week.

To be honest I don't remember this week at all besides yesterday..... I'll just tell y'all about our crazy Sunday....and boy was it crazy. First off we had an investigator show up to church! He tends to really like bashing with elders and all 3 sets of them have dropped him because they don't see potential. Maybe his heart has changed since his last contact with the elders because he enjoyed church and even reads the Book of Mormon (which is rare among our investigators and members). Everything was going fine and dandy until we had two of our less active members show up. *Darla music as she walks into the dentist office in Finding Nemo* I legit almost had a heart attack because I've heard some really scary stories about these two less actives, well one in particular. One I've already told stories about ahah but the last time Sister Provard saw one of these members was when she was yelling (yes, yelling....more like screaming) at her in sacrament meeting. But everyone was in a good happy mood, thank goodness. We made it through church and also got a surprise with some faces that I haven't seen since the MTC! It's sad to see that had gone home early but it was like a mini reunion with the four of us :) so crazy to think that it was almost a year ago that we were in the MTC! Another surprise...well you couldn't call it a surprise but... It was NYC gay pride day... And the parade was  right around the corner from the church. So we were there a few times on accident haha I promise we were just going to the church but yeah it was quite an experience to walk through it a few times going to and from the church while people tried to hand us "God made me a queer" stickers. We felt like the black sheep of the family.




Well that's all for now! I have to clean the apartment now for sister Nash while I watch sister Provard pack. Until next week!! Love and miss you all
Love, Sister Seay

No comments:

Post a Comment