Monday, July 4, 2016

The power of fasting and obedience

Hello friends and family!! And Happy 4th of July!! 🇺🇸 It truly is a wonderful experience being here in New York to celebrate the birth of this great country. The American pride is so real here I love it. We're not doing anything super fancy today though but who knows we always like the little surprises throughout our day. 

Well first of all I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Nash and she is from Layton, Utah. She was actually MTC companions with sister Deuel. :) she goes home is December and is a total champ. I am so grateful because we never thought we would have the opportunity to serve together yet here we are! Thanks Heavenly Father and I love her to pieces. We hit it off right off the bat and had a fabulous week together. We've already seen so many tender mercies and miracles this week. 

Sadly this week we weren't able to go to our services but the lord need us elsewhere. We were able to meet with so many of our investigators we haven't been able to contact and they all have had a change of heart this last week. The people of New York were just so sweet to us and even one day it was pouring rain and we were literally walking through rivers on the streets and a man came up to us and offered his umbrella, he was even wearing a super nice suit. And a woman gave us a ride to our next look up on the hottest day of the week. So sweet! 

I learned so much about the power of fasting yesterday! Fasting is so real and so powerful. Yesterday we saw so many tender mercies and taught so many people. We even found a new investigator with six kids! We also set up three member presents and that is really hard to do here in the deaf branch because everyone lives so far away. Sister Nash and I also agreed with each other to be exactly obedient and it's been so good to be back in that again. I've missed it so much. Takes me back to training days with sister Layton and Deuel awww baby sister Seay back in the good old days. Obedience really is so key to things and I've noticed it so much this past week. It's amazing how much the lord will pour down his blessings upon us if we willingly obey him. As preach my gospel says, "As you obey, you increase in faith, knowledge, wisdom, testimony, protection, and freedom." I know that's true and I've already seen the blessings of it this past week. 

Well everyone I must be off but please know I love and miss you all dearly. Have a great holiday and stay safe! Enjoy a cold root beer and some awesome fireworks for me. :) until next week ❤️ 

Love, Sister Seay 

No comments:

Post a Comment