Monday, July 25, 2016

One year of learning

Hello hello hello friends and family! Wow this week has been a crazy one, the weeks just seem to be going by faster and faster. Shout out to my little sister hitting her 18th birthday :) happy birthday Kenna! In other news I hit my year mark this last Friday so that was super weird.... I can't believe how fast a year has gone by but I'm so forever grateful for all the things I've learned throughout this past year. But I fly home six months from today.... Gross.... I just remember my first day in the MTC. I was mortified and sister Provard didn't know I was her companion for like an hour haha. 


We were able to have a few breakthroughs with some of our investigators. We extended a few baptismal commitments and they all accepted :) the deaf work is about to explode here in New York I can feel it. One of our investigators prayed for the first time in her life during our lesson this week. She was so excited and just so happy that she said a prayer, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. She wrote down all the steps and prayed twice just to make sure she was doing it right and the at the end of the lesson said three more prayers because she was so excited. It melted my heart to see how excited she was to communicate with Heavenly Father and made me realize we should all be so happy to be able to talk with him. Sometimes we do it out of ritual or because we know we have to but we should have these sincere honest prayers that fill us with joy and happiness every time we have to opportunity to talk with our father in heaven.

We had sisters conference this Friday and it was so amazing to be with the sisters of our mission because hardly ever get to see them. Our theme was choose joy and all the speakers were wonderful and powerful. We always just need to remember to find joy in our trials and that everything will be okay even if that okay isn't what I want it to be. We said goodbye to some of the departing sisters which is always so sad, our mission will miss them so much. Also sister Reynolds is my biggest example. Goodness I know we have one of the best missions in the world because of her and her example for me and the other missionaries. Her and president Reynolds are so amazing, we certainly are called to our mission president and wife. Gosh I just love them.

 
On Saturday we had a deaf miracle! So our investigator asked us to interpret for her which we thought was for a job interview but it turned out to be for a presentation and at first we were like "this doesn't help us at all!" But then we found out it was a presentation for an entire deaf group! We met over 30 deaf people that live in flushing. It was insane and all of our investigators friends. Needless to say we were happy to be interpreting after that and our nightly prayers were filled with gratitude. Words cannot express how grateful I am for His blessings and learning to truly depend on Him. 
 
We had a great week! I don't really know what else to write about..... I promise it was really good though. I have lots of pictures though :) being a missionary is seriously the best thing ever. Have a great week and know I love and miss you all!

Love, Sister Seay





No comments:

Post a Comment